14 September, 2009

Getting back on the wagon?

So, I originally started this blog when I first came to Europe nearly 2 years ago! After my audition tour was over, I went home, packed up my things, and moved back to Germany to marry my Tim.

The months following our civil ceremony included my "integration" German class for 9 hours a week, organizing my baby grand's move across the Atlantic, planning our Church wedding ceremony for the States, learning the German driving rules for my new license, and learning how to adjust to my new life here. When I think about it, this last year has been pivotal for me. While I was going through the motions, I didn't really think about each task and it's bigger meaning in my life. But, now that the fall air is wafting through with the sound of leaves dragging against the pavement, a year later, I know this year has been more successful than I give myself credit for. I am always whining and moaning like a 3 year old about how much I don't get done. But, as I approach the end of my 30th year I feel pretty darned good....maybe I am learning? Bigger picture people, bigger picture!

So, why am I writing again? At first, I started thinking about it while talking with one of my closest friends who has just started a blog for tips and hints for families finding the need to be frugal (esp. in PA, where she lives) during these times- check it out here: www.frugalistainpa.blogspot.com. A really industrious way to stay positive in this "down" economy!

Then, an email yesterday from a business colleague who has started her own blog as a way to share experiences during 100 Midlife Challenges (and keep herself accountable for exercise). I love the idea! I was never a big blog follower, but whenever I read postings, I would laugh at the humility and or similar experiences I had been through, or feel like I was peeking into someone's diary. (Memory of my little red childhood diary with "MOM, do not open this" written all over it!). I think overall that I don't have to write too often, but maybe I can use that as a way to keep MYself accountable. For setting and reaching goals. For learning repetoire. For keeping my foreign language skills up to date - teaching you! For delivering information about where I am and what concerts I am doing (especially for family and friends that I don't get to speak to on a regular basis). Will I follow through? Well, I guess that is the first task. Until next time....

2 comments:

Karen said...

Yummm, I'm thinking hot dogs on the street, chocolate wafers and seeing you :) No, I'm not a wierdo, just miss you and LOVE your blog. Thanks for the mention!

Lauren Wellliehausen said...

Thanks, Kar. Mmmm Manner wafers. I have to make this more regular. Thinking of goals!